Product description of Zanaflex 4mg Tablets
Zanaflex 4mg Tablet is an effective short-acting muscle relaxer. Zanaflex is indicated for the management of muscle pain, muscle spasm apart from this it is also indicated for back pain and neck pain. It occasionally used to maintain the tonicity of muscles. Generic Tizanidine is a main pharmaceutical ingredient present in Zanaflex tablets 4mg. Zanaflex carries out its mechanism by blocking the nerve impulses that are liable for transfer pain sensation signals to the brain. Zanaflex is a centrally acting alpha-2 adrenergic agonist.
Dosage regimen for Zanaflex 4mg Tablets
The prescribed initial dose of Zanaflex is 2mg daily. As per the requirement, the dose can be gradually increased by 2 mg to 4 mg with 1 to 4 days until a satisfactory decrease of muscle tone is achieved. The maximum dose of this medicine should not exceed more than 36 mg in a day. Zanaflex can be consumed with or without food along with a glass of water. You should not consume more than 3 doses in a time period of 24 hours as the excess quantity of this medicine may damage your liver.
What if you missed consuming the dose of Zanaflex 4mg Tablets?
If you miss a dose of this medicine, then you should consume it as soon as you remember and if it’s time to consume next dose, then you should skip the missed dose and consume next dose.
Side effects of Zanaflex 4mg Tablets
Patients who consume Zanaflex may face certain undesired effects such as chest pain or discomfort, irregular heartbeat, fever or chills, weight gain, nausea or vomiting, kidney stones, nervousness, pain or burning while urinating, unusual tiredness, blurred vision and shortness of breath.
Warnings and Precautions of Zanaflex 4mg Tablets
You must know about certain drugs which are not in favor to use Zanaflex
- Keep away from the usage of this medication in case if the patients are having allergy from Tinazidine and other its ingredients.
- Utilization of alcoholic beverages ought to be avoided while you are consuming this medication.
- Zanaflex may show drug interaction if you are consuming it along with any antidepressant (Fluvoxamine) or antibiotic (Ciprofloxacin).
- Never administer 3 doses of Zanaflex within 24 hours it may lead to the over dosage of the drug.
- Never consume Zanaflex for a long time period as it may cause the drug addiction.
- Don’t drive and indulge in other important work when you are using Zanaflex because it causes a feeling of drowsiness.
- A patient who is suffering from liver or kidney disease cannot consume it.